Saturday, August 9, 2014

"You kept your promise. You came back to see us". Ron Reeves, August 9

I always thought I would return to England regularly. Things didn't work out that way, so that made today an especially happy as well as emotional day. From the moment I arrived in England Janice took me under her wing and her family included me and took me in as if I were one of their own. Our reunion today at the Reeve's lovely home in Hayward's Heath, in the South Downs (just south of London) felt like a homecoming. Smiles, hugs, laughter, family stories, reminisces about dancing to Agadoo at a family wedding and more were shared as we enjoyed all of the homemade food Shirley had prepared. Thank you for the wonderful day Ron, Zella, Ronnie and Shirley. Next time I hope to meet Pippa, Warren, Ava and Amy and I hope you meet Mary too.










No comments:

Post a Comment